Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dying router signs, Uncorrected Blocks?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Dying router signs, Uncorrected Blocks?

I have a Draytek 2800VG and since yesterday I've been having a number of lost sync's and have noticed that the Uncorrected Blocks reported by it have increased by a large margin, normally I see maybe 20 a day and currently after its last reboot 14mins ago it has 3096 and rising.
So I have never had a router die on me as yet ,so no idea if this is the death throws or just a connection issue.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
4 REPLIES 4
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Re: Dying router signs, Uncorrected Blocks?

Another spanner in the works for consideration.  Just had another lost sync and on reconnection my router is now connecting as adsl2+, it has been adsl2 since I changed to Extra last year.
Beginning to wonder if its migration of accounts too 21cn PN has been doing in background since last year.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gus,
I've checked over your account and can't see any orders or tickets on there, likewise I've checked on the BT Wholesale site and there's no orders since the original move onto the 21CN network in November. Not sure what's changed there, I'm afraid, but I can't see anything on our side - if there's anything else I can check for you though please let me know.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Gus
Another spanner in the works for consideration.  Just had another lost sync and on reconnection my router is now connecting as adsl2+, it has been adsl2 since I changed to Extra last year.

That '+' means it is now (potentially) using up to twice the bandwidth.
Do you get normal sync speeds in the 6-8Mbps region?
Depends what it means by "uncorrected blocks" - there are several levels of error detection/correction.
Obviously the worst is when the destination says you sent an error and asks for a retransmission.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Gus
Aspiring Pro

My router usually connects at 3000k down 440 up and it usually has a 2500k IP Profile.  But an hour or so after Matt had a look things improved and the upload speed is back to 440.  Still connecting on + though so no idea why as my router has never connected with it before.