Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust is evil

techguy
Grafter

Re: Dust is evil

Quote from: The
Xerox!! Can't  agree with that - far too American, and thus cannot be deemed 'proper' English.  Grin

Errr yeah, I've always called it a photocopier and its output a photocopy.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

What about
The Photostat machine, or Photostat, was an early projection photocopier created in the 1900s by the Photostat Corporation; "Photostat" - which was originally a trademark of the company - is also used to refer to the similar machines produced by the Rectigraph Company....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photostat
I wonder about blueprints too....  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

techguy
Grafter

Quote from: SteveA
I just bought a new computer case with two built in fans at the front. I did point out to the person in Maplin that I'd rather have dust filters on them than the silly little blue LEDs but he didn't seem to understand. Its actually quite a good case. Two fans at the front which suck air in and most of the pack plane is grill and the 570W power supply has two fans on it. But it doesn't have any dust filters.
Maybe I should go and design some stick on ones?

My case (a Cooler Master Praetorian which sadly they don't make anymore) has a large air intake fan on the front with LEDs and a foam dust filter but I do have to hoover it at the front every couple of weeks as it does attract dust.
I did think about buying an Omen fanless PC from VoodooPC (now part of HP) but not convinced that passive cooling would do the trick,

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: me
You don't have to if there's a maplins nearby.

Odd that he didn't say they sold them  Cheesy
avalon
Grafter

Bet he tried to flog you one of those poxy overpriced ronson screwdrivers though. Grin
dhookham
Grafter

Quote from: The
What about
The Photostat machine, or Photostat, was an early projection photocopier created in the 1900s by the Photostat Corporation; "Photostat" - which was originally a trademark of the company - is also used to refer to the similar machines produced by the Rectigraph Company....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photostat
I wonder about blueprints too....  Cheesy

How about biro, frisbee, jacuzzi, sellotape, tannoy and velcro.
And more modern versions such as photoshop and netbook.
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]