Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate status e-mails

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Duplicate status e-mails

Hi,
I am occaionally receiving duplicate PlusNet service status e-mails, or rather I say duplicate but sometimes they are subtley different. For example today I received the following:
Subject:  Plusnet Protect (McAfee) (64480) - UPDATE
From:  "PlusNet Service Status Email" <status@servicestatus.plus.com>
Date:  Mon, November 22, 2010 1:16 pm
Service: Unknown
Posted: Mon, Nov 22 2010 at 13:12:01
Subject: Plusnet Protect (McAfee) (64480) - UPDATE
This is an update to Friday's post about the problems affecting the use of our
Plusnet Protect Internet security software.
McAfee have advised us that they have identified and fixed a database discrepancy
and that customers should no longer be receiving errors and warnings about license
expiry/renewal.
Any customers still having problems are urged to post over on our Community forums
where we've been discussing this problem in more detail -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90711.msg758768.html#msg758768
We'll leave this Service Status thread open for the time being and will close it
tomorrow if no further examples of problems have been forthcoming.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
--

as then a couple of minutes later (note the subtle Service: difference):
Subject:  Plusnet Protect (McAfee) (64480) - UPDATE
From:  "PlusNet Service Status Email" <status@servicestatus.plus.com>
Date:  Mon, November 22, 2010 1:21 pm
Service: Services
Posted: Mon, Nov 22 2010 at 13:14:05
Subject: Plusnet Protect (McAfee) (64480) - UPDATE
This is an update to Friday's post about the problems affecting the use of our
Plusnet Protect Internet security software.
McAfee have advised us that they have identified and fixed a database discrepancy
and that customers should no longer be receiving errors and warnings about license
expiry/renewal.
Any customers still having problems are urged to post over on our Community forums
where we've been discussing this problem in more detail -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90711.msg758768.html#msg758768
We'll leave this Service Status thread open for the time being and will close it
tomorrow if no further examples of problems have been forthcoming.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Both e-mails were sent to the same address (i.e. it's not that I'm signed up twice or anything)
Any chance this can be sorted? At best it's rather annoying!
Mathew
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Duplicate status e-mails

I got them as well but also received the same 2 via RSS feed so it seems that there were  two updates posted
MJN
Pro

Is this something you can help with Plusnet? Or am I best raising a ticket? (Happy to do so; I just thought a forum post would suffice).
Mathew
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

There is no problem to fix. There were 2 different emails sent which you received. The first was probably sent in error without all the details filled in (like service type) so was resent with the correct info in the second time.
Service statuses are posted manually by PN employees so they sometimes get it wrong.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Peter has it spot on, IIRC Bob made a mistake setting the next update time when he posted the first one and had to post the second to correct it.
It's also worth noting that the email subscription to service status isn't actually run by Plusnet, it's run by PUG (many thanks).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MJN
Pro

Thanks for that. So, notwithstanding human error (which I accept can easily occur) this should not happen again?
As a one-off I would probably not have noticed, it's just that I seem to be receiving these 'duplicates' quite regularly so I thought it might've been a system(atic) problem. Perhaps my recollection is failing me and suffering from exagerration.
Mathew