cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading PDF File

got2getatan
Grafter

Downloading PDF File

This is driving me crazy. When I try to download any PDF document onto my PC it arrives in a miss/match of symbols and therefore I cannot print  anything that is readable. Some one has got a simple answer to this, Please........Thanks. 
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Downloading PDF File

Which PDF reader do you have installed as it sounds as though you are trying to open it in notepad or similar
NedLudd
Grafter

You have installed a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat, haven't you?  Wink
Geoff,
York.
shalom2010
Grafter

I would Right Click on the file you want to open, e.g. ending .pdf and select 'Open with' whatever program you have installed.
got2getatan
Grafter

Yep have reinstalled  adobe acrobat reader. Tried to move to drive same problem when I open it, someone told me its the font but. I don't understand this.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Let us try a roundabout route
Uninstall Acrobat Reader and then install PDF-Xchange Viewer and when it asks if you want it to be the default viewer for pdf files click on yes http://www.tracker-software.com/product/downloads
NedLudd
Grafter

Or, right click on a PDF file, select 'Open with' then select 'Choose default program' and assign Adobe Acrobat!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
got2getatan
Grafter

Great, works a treat now. Have printed all my holiday travel documents. Thanks for all your help, could not have done it without you.