cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Redirection Help Requested

matti_lamprhey
Dabbler

Domain Redirection Help Requested

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to all things HTMLy, with what may or may not be a simple problem to solve.  Hope I'm in the right place!
I've had a domain hosted on PlusNet for years but never used it other than for its email address.  I've now added two others, both of which I'd like to redirect to a shop I'm building using Actinic Express.  I'm calling my product a ReproJacket, and my domains are reprojackets.co.uk and reprojacket.co.uk.  I would like anyone who browses to either of these domains, with or without specifying the www subdomain, to go to the Actinic shop site and appear there to have typed www.reprojackets.co.uk in the first place. (This is important because Actinic uses this to know which shop is required.)
I've added DNS records of type A and CNAME to the reprojackets.co.uk domain which I believe will achieve this for that domain.  Is there a quick way for the reprojacket.co.uk domain to redirect invisibly and instantly to www.reprojackets.co.uk?
2 REPLIES 2
RobDickson
Grafter

Re: Domain Redirection Help Requested

I only briefly used PlusNet for hosting/registration a few years ago, so don't know how it works with PlusNet.
Every domain registration company I've used has allowed a domain to be redirected to another domain. It's always been in the Control Panel/account settings.
If this isn't possible with PlusNet, you'll need to use a 301 redirect in .HTACCESS.
ramidoodle
Grafter

Re: Domain Redirection Help Requested

Hi,
The best way to do this is by .htaccess
please check the link below:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,71173.msg565061.html#msg565061