Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does whisky affect the brain???

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Does whisky affect the brain???

Hi,
I installed Cuil (saw it mentioned here on PN a few weeks ago) but now would like to unistall it. 
For those unfamiliar with Cuil it's a search engine, apparently pronounced Cool...
Now it's not listed under my add/remove, using Windows Explorer I can't find  'any' trace of it anywhere and using search for files and folders all that's returned is a desktop shortcut to it!!!
Interestingly when I run iCuil (via desktop icon) the blue bar at the top of the screen says:-
Cuil - Windows Internet Explorer.
So I presume it's integrating with IE somehow - think I did read somewhere there's a plug-in or similar whatnot to integrate it with Firefox...
Seems uncanny  tho' I'm sure to the knowledgeable folk here there's a very logical answer...
Suddenly I realise it's 'only'  a search engine - just like Google - and presumably all the shortcut does is start up IE and send it off to the Cuil website..
The daughter has just returned home from Teneriffe (lucky to get home I suppose...) and bought me rather a nice (and large) bottle of whisky, wonder whether that's affected my few remaining brain cells and reduced my reasoning powers to an all-time low...  Presumably the difference between browsers and search engines dims in direct proportion to the amount consumed...
On a slightly more serious tact, have a nice weekend, lovely weather up here in North Wales - but there again it always is...(they do say the Devil always looks after his disciples - even the drunken ones!!!)
2 REPLIES 2
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Does whisky affect the brain???

I don't think you installed Cuil, I think you just made it your default search engine in your browser. So there isn't any software on your PC to find or to uninstall.
Is this the procedure you followed? www.cuil.com/info/faqs/guides/ie7.php
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Does whisky affect the brain???

You're right of course...
When I 'installed' it I was under the impression it was another browser (what was I thinking!) but of course when I couldn't get shot of it I realised it was just a browser shortcut to Cuil...
> Suddenly I realise it's 'only'  a search engine - just like Google - and presumably all the shortcut does is start up IE and send it off to the Cuil website..<
It'll take some living down tho'!!!
Thanks for the input.