cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Thomson Gateway TG585 v7 support 10/100M LAN by Realtek RTL8100C?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Does the Thomson Gateway TG585 v7 support 10/100M LAN by Realtek RTL8100C?

have you tried this analysis program?  http://browsershots.org/
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Oh my god - more browser shots  Undecided
There was a saying by some guy, something like: 'you can't please everyone all the time... ' and you sure can't satisfy all the browsers - or maybe you can with some hard work!  I think I will stick to lessening the work load and stick with the most popular browsers for now!  That program above looks pretty handy though.
Regards
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
The reason I created this site in the first place - love of music - listen to this wonderful gift of a voice:
http://bluesplayer.co.uk/youtube_topfemalepop/video/BHqAllSQ_eM/Barbra-Streisand-Woman-in-Love.html
Staggering!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Aargh! - taste is everything Tongue
I'd take issue with that "Singers In Order Of Merit"!
Amy Winehouse down at 78?
and Billie Holiday doesn't even make it onto a list of Blues singers!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Bluesplayer
Grafter

Well Ami should be very much higher than that as her voice and the way she puts a tune over is with a geat deal of feeling - don't think she can sing otherwise.  She should be up the top if you ask me.  I took the ratings from this site http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/music0.html. ; Bilie Holiday?  Jazz singer mainly.  Will put jazz on the site soon.  Take if from an intoxicated me - <a href="http://bluesplayer.co.uk/youtube_topfemalepop/list.php?q=Barbra+Streisand&sa.x=22&sa.y=13&filter=off">Barbra Streisand</a> - is all you need to teach you about love and women - so much depth in that voice you can easily drown - Ami has a similar voice and demeanour I think which is a bit unsettling!
Bluesplayer
Grafter

and Billie Holiday doesn't even make it onto a list of Blues singers!

Here you go:
http://bluesplayer.co.uk/youtube_jazz-singers/categories/Billie-Holiday/2/page1.html
And guess what?  Billie Holiday is no1!
New Jazz Singers section now online!
VileReynard
Hero

That will be Billie "Lady Sings the Blues" Holiday.  Grin Grin Grin

Bluesplayer
Grafter

Ripped out all the tables and used divs - guess what - the nasty problems all went away and now I have a really sweet loading shopping site!  Damn I must have picked up more knowledge on webdesigning than I realized.  I am a webdesigning guru - not!  I gonna listen to this Billie Holiday you care so much for now...
Bluesplayer
Grafter

An update and solution to this problem!
I made the big mistake of just taking the scsi card and drives from my initial computer and using it in my new base unit thinking that the server would just kick in.  Mistake!  After I fitted a new hard drive to the new base unit and re-installed the latest version of ubuntu server it worked perfectly!  I have also sorted out the problem of the slow response of the shop when a shop database was occuring.  The new base unit didn't make any difference even though it has 2x the power.  I now use it - micro type with lower power consumption - to update the databases during the day (fully automated) and the initial, older computer, is  then free to just carry out users searches, which it does quite quickly.  After a day or so I will download the full database from the new comp and update the other which should take about 20-30 mins.  I can easily switch the shop over for that using the Thomson Gateway Home Network Settings.  When the older computer is being updated the new computer will run the shop - swapsies.  Perfect solution really.  Once you get the hang of the Thomson Gateway settings doing this kind of thing is a breeze.
Regards
VileReynard
Hero

I don't understand why you needed a new hard drive Undecided

Bluesplayer
Grafter

The new base unit is barebones - no hd or dvd - and sata.  I didn't really fit a new sata hard drive as I already had one available though I was using it for storage through a usb port and sata docking station.  I still consider I fitted a new hd though as I will have to replace it with a new one very soon - or get a new one for storage again.  I did fork out for a sata dvd just to see if a new installation would work.  Base unit and dvd were bought from my shop so I should get a few quid back  :).  I could have used the scsi card but that would have meant taking the other computer ofline and I didnt want to do that. I now need a new sata drive and a new kvm switch.  The kvm switch is controlling 2 of the computers (allows one keyboard, mouse and monitor) but it doesn't have any spare connections.  Would make things a lot simpler to control the whole lot from one keyboard, mouse and monitor again, though I do have spare ones.  This office is getting a bit crowded with gear!
VileReynard
Hero

Perhaps https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH  Smiley

Bluesplayer
Grafter

One step ahead of you there - using WinSCP.  Still need to be linked to keyboards and monitors to carry out root commands though!  Still now my servers are up and running with all the adjustments carried out ssh should be all I need to communicate with them so no more costly equipment purchases - for now...maybe.
Looking for a program or method whereby I can run a full list of my shop menu urls thereby rebuilding the cache.  I could use online cron or something.  Any ideas?
VileReynard
Hero

A cache of what?
You could use a script to analyse your html source (retrieved into a file with wget)?

Bluesplayer
Grafter

You could use a script to analyse your html source (retrieved into a file with wget)?

That sounds complicated?
The shop cache works after a page has been loaded by someone.  All the pictures and so on are stored.
I came up with this novel idea using a bat file.  The contents of which are my 'view all' menu urls.  Bat file looks like this:
START "" "<---- first url in menu ---->" 
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 3 -w 3000 > null
START "" "<---- 2nd url in menu ---->"
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 3 -w 3000 > null
START "" "<---- 3nd url in menu ---->"

First 3 there.  I have around 250 urls in all.  A new window is opened with each after a 3 second pause.  Works well as I can check by looking at the open windows whether products are being located properly or not. 
If your idea would do the same thing without opening windows I am all for it.
VileReynard
Hero

I'm pretty bad at scripts Smiley
But how about setting up a text file with your 250 URL's, including the http:// part [if they are fixed and don't change much].
Use an editor etc to put your URL's in a file called file-of-urls Smiley
Write a short file and make it executable.
#!/bin/bash
for i in $(cat file-of-urls)
do
echo "$i"
done

As written, it will just display your URL's - so to make it fetch the web page, change echo "$i" to
wget -q -O /dev/null "$i"

Insert a
sleep 3
command, if desired. Cheesy
All totally untested/untried!