cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use rapport?

Not applicable

Does anyone use rapport?

Every time that I log into the RBS website I have to bypass the 'Download Rapport' page. I don't get this with my own bank (Smile) so I was wondering if anyone has used this and if it is really necessary?
I have Kaspersky ISS and am very careful when using the Internet. Don't want to download software that is not 100% necessary. Any opinions please?  Huh
11 REPLIES 11
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Does anyone use rapport?

Hiya poppy,
                    Just bought Kaspersky myself and finding it a bit of getting used to, ok back to your question, Yes this business with rbs shoving rapport in your face all the time is becoming very very annoying, i used to use it on windows xp and it was ok, you can input other sites I.P  into it that you trust then when you visit the known sites,  up inside your browser rapport will activate to a green colour informing you that you are indeed on the correct site.
I bank with R.B.S. and i downloaded it for IE8 in windows 7 and my page just crashed,crashed everything,uninstalled it and all was well again Undecided
Do you need it though?apart from peace of mind my answer would be no, BUT everytime you go to R.B.S they still push to get you to take it, so might be worth installing if only for them to stop there nagging on about it Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think that I needed it and as I don't visit the RBS site very often, am happy to by-pass the page.
Not going to risk problems so will carry on ignoring it.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Can you not "block pop-ups" for that site? 
Steve
Seasoned Pro

It's not a pop up unfortunately Gerry its the first page you visit just before your away to sign in.
shutter
Community Veteran

Oh OK... wonder if you can contact the website designer, and see if there is a way of customers being able to disable it for future accesses....
On my Nationwide, after I have logged in, there are sometimes "messages " about phishing and scams, and there is a little box at the bottom. to check,... [I have read this and do not want to see it again] so until the next new message comes up...
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Perhaps', it does not keep asking you if you say 'no thanks' and keep your cookies and same IP add as you did the first time,very annoying nonetheless.
Edit.. You can also save a bookmark to by pass this problem as i have just discovered now that we are on the subject Grin
shutter
Community Veteran

Looks like a bookmark on "page 2" is the best way for Poppy to go then ! ! !...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I keep getting a pop-under for it when logging in to HSBC. It's a shame they don't realise that my OS isn't supported by rapport, and there doesn't seem to be a "never show this message again" option. Grrrr.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Rapport is being discussed in the following thread on MoneySavingExpert.com. It has caused problems for some people. Trusteer has responded to some points and said that it will continue to monitor the discussion..
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1579343
matt_2k34
Grafter

Use FF which clears everything out when i do online banking (with HSBC), and its getting ridiculous ... Banks now do popups?
im glad its not just HSBC though, only thing ive ever had issue with them doing, eugh...
mentalist3d
Grafter

I downloaded and installed rapport just because I was fed up of their message when I logged in the site. To be honest the only thing it has done for me is warn me if I am using the same login details that I use for a protected site on a non protected site. IMO you can use FireFox with a few plugins that will protect your data much better than rapport.