cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PlusNet block certain URL's of NZB Index sites?

RobsterUK

Does PlusNet block certain URL's of NZB Index sites?

I hope that this is posted in the correct place and that somebody knows the answer.
I have recently been using an NZB indexing site, which I now cannot get the site to load.
I know it isn't down as I can access it on my phone via 3G at the same time.
So, does PlusNet block URL's of certain "file sharing" sites such as NZB Indexing sites?
They only throttle Usenet downloads for a couple of hours during the evening, yet you cannot access a site to obtain the links?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
PRECiSi0N

Re: Does PlusNet block certain URL's of NZB Index sites?

Do they throttle speeds even for unlimited customers as well would like some clarification on this from the plusnet  Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So, does PlusNet block URL's of certain "file sharing" sites such as NZB Indexing sites?

No, the only sites we block are those in the IWF list. http://www.plus.net/support/security/abuse/internet_watch_foundation.shtml
Do they throttle speeds even for unlimited customers as well would like some clarification on this from the plusnet

No, have a look here for some very good information on the Unlimited product: http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/21/its-unlimited-why-is-it-still-traffic-managed/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RobsterUK

Chris,
Thanks for the reply.
I guess there is another reason, as the site still wont load on my PC or my phone.
v3burn
Dabbler

Quote from: RobsterUK
Chris,
Thanks for the reply.
I guess there is another reason, as the site still wont load on my PC or my phone.

if you think its an ISP blocking the site you can always try to access it using a proxy site...