cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display in My Computer (WinXP-Home-SP2)

RobDickson
Grafter

Display in My Computer (WinXP-Home-SP2)

Up until recently, the display in My Computer showed fairly large icons for the various drives with different types of drives grouped together (see first picture for an example), but about a week ago, it changed to show a list of drives (see the second picture). I don't remember changing any settings to do this, so cannot figure out how to change it back.
Looking at the display options (Thumbnails, Tiles, Icons, List, Details) doesn't help. I can get the grouping back again by clicking on the top of the type column, but can't get the larger icons back.
The different display doesn't actually bother me (in fact, I think I prefer it), I just don't like not knowing why it's changed, and how to change it back again.
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: Display in My Computer (WinXP-Home-SP2)

The first one showing the pictures of the drives you right click and select tiles the second you right click and select details. It can sometimes be slow you may have to press F5 to refresh it. It can be effected by folder options as well
pnf
Grafter

Not sure why it changed, but to get it back to how it was do the following:
Right click on the white space within the My Computer window.
View should be set to Tiles
Arrange Icons By should be set to Type and both Show in Groups and Auto Arrange should be ticked.
RobDickson
Grafter

samuria. Thanks for the reply, but I can't understand what you've said.
pnf. Thanks for the reply. I feel suitably stupid for not figuring out the "Show in Groups" and "Auto Arrange" options.
All sorted now.