cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing programme

J_

Disappearing programme

I installed a touch typing course about 2 weeks ago. And although the start-up icon is on the desktop, and the disc is in the compter, it still tells me that the disc is not there and can't start -up. I can't find the programme listed and therefore can't unistall it and re-install it. 
Does anyone understand what I mean and can help?
J
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Disappearing programme

Can you see the disk in My Computer.
God
Grafter

Try ejecting the CD then putting it back and see if that helps. Let us know what happens.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Does sound like the CD is not being recognised. If you cannot access it via My Computer then check it does not have any smudges on the shiny side.
Try rebooting PC to see if it recognises it again. If not then you may have a duff CD or a duff CD reader.
samuria
Grafter

Are you logged on as the same user as if you logon with another username the profile will be different and the program may not be there.
J_

Thank you for all your messages.
  J
Quote from: samuria
Are you logged on as the same user as if you logon with another username the profile will be different and the program may not be there.
I am the only user of this computer.
Quote from: Peter
Does sound like the CD is not being recognised. If you cannot access it via My Computer then check it does not have any smudges on the shiny side.
Try rebooting PC to see if it recognises it again. If not then you may have a duff CD or a duff CD reader.
I've tried all that to no avail.
Quote from: Oldjim
Can you see the disk in My Computer.
No I can't see it listed in My Computer.
Quote from: God
Try ejecting the CD then putting it back and see if that helps. Let us know what happens.
No,. That doesn't work either.
It's a real puzzle.  J
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Does the CD work in another PC. If so then it could be your CD drive that is faulty or just has trouble with that CD.