Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Plus.net VOIP voicemail

piperhols
Dabbler

Disabling Plus.net VOIP voicemail

Hi,
Recently have setup a VOIP service with plus.net. I've also purchased a Linksys PAP2 which I've setup ok but I seem to have a problem with my voicemail.
Basically I feel voicemail is awful,  "extentiiiioonnn nummbeeeer ****** is naaaaaaat here riiiyyytttt nooowwee"
Well you catch my drift, basically I want to use the answering machine thats on the normal phone (which is plugged into the Linksys PAP2)
Would anyone have any ideas how I would go about this please, I've trawled through the settings but can't seem to find anything.
Thanks,
Mark
10 REPLIES 10
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Disabling Plus.net VOIP voicemail

Hi Mark,
I'm not too sure this is possible as you can't disable voicemail on our Broadband Phone service... Yet!
Watch this space for an up and coming announcement that I'm sure you'll be interested in! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

piperhols
Dabbler

Sounds good, will keep my eyes and ears open Smiley
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hi there,
You can find Bob's extensive piece on where we're going with VoIP on this page:
http://community.plus.net/comms/2007/11/12/gradwell-the-future-of-broadband-phone/
piperhols
Dabbler

After reading that, a question that I need answered asap please. Will my 0845 number change, i've just had 5000 flyers and 500 business cards made/being made. I need to stop the process if this will change.
Regards,
Mark
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You will not be able to transfer any outstanding credit, minutes allowance or your existing Broadband Phone 0845 number to the Trial account. These items will of course remain available on your existing Broadband Phone account.

We are looking at the possibility of porting these over once the trial has completed for those customers that want to keep the 0845 number. You'll be able to get a geographical number instead for the course of the trial period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
piperhols
Dabbler

I really would like to keep my 0845 number, as I will have spent out quite alot on these flyers and business cards.
Could I have some form of confirmation on this please?
Chris
Legend

Unfortunately we can't confirm this at the moment, it is something we are looking into though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
piperhols
Dabbler

hmmm, leaves me in quite a predicament if I'm going to lose my 0845 number.
piperhols
Dabbler

Thanks Ian for clearing everything up Smiley
Chris
Legend

I've spoken to Ian too, glad we could sort something out in this instance.