Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digisender Recomendation

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Digisender Recomendation

Anyone use a digi-sender with their sky-hd box they can recommend at a reasonable price? From what I gather I should be looking into the 5.8ghz models to prevent interference from wifi.
8 REPLIES 8
cheffieogg

Re: Digisender Recomendation

Have u considered just doing multirooms with sky?
adie:quote
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I already have 1 multiroom subscription and they are £10 per room. The chances are I won't need to watch different channels on another box, this will be for my bedroom. I have one in the living room and one in my dining/my room so I don't have to watch soaps from 7 to 9pm  Wink would be handy to be able to watch sky channels in bed without the need for extra cables as I have wood floors and I'm a bit ocd when it comes to cables round the house visible. When the other half and daughter goes to bed to watch tv it won't affect me in my room if they're changing channels.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
.................. From what I gather I should be looking into the 5.8ghz models to prevent interference from wifi.

And to help avoid interference from your microwave oven  Wink
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry, slightly off topic but given the last post, when my fridge starts a cooling cycle it occasionally interferes with the signal from my Sky HD Box to my TV!  Sad
Anotherone
Champion

That sounds like either the thermostat isn't closing cleanly - (ie there is some arcing) or there is another problem with the motor on the compressor and it's causing lots of electrical interference. This may also cause problems with your broadband.
If it happens more than on a very odd occasion you should get it looked at by a competent person.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Have you not thought of the 'sky eye' you connect a coax cable to the rf out on the sky box, that gives a voltage as wellyou can then use the remote... Connect the eye to the other end and plug into ariel on 2nd tv. I know you have to run a cable, and you wont get hd quality, but its a cheap and cheerful solution. Works a treat for me.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I did think of going down that route but again it means running cable from downstairs which isn't going to be easy or aesthetically pleasing. Interesting comment regarding the fridge. Mine makes a lot of noise when going through the same cycle and I have had problems with the snr margin on my router. For some reason it seems to be stuck at 12.5.
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm, sounds like you may have a problem there! Why not start a thread over on Broadband & Routers and post some stats etc.