Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devicescape

deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Devicescape

Came across this from Nokia as one of their recommended apps. Works on PCs as well as mobiles and PDAs (they might be working on linux too).
www.devicescape.com
Anyway, it's basically a wi-fi hotspot aggregator that supposedly makes connecting easier. You can add hotspot details for free and paid hotspots as well as your own private WiFi networks at home etc (which you can share with friends if you want to risk that).
After some teething trouble I have got it working on my Nokia N80 fine for personal WiFi networks, but I've yet to try it with a paid hotspot.
I did however recommend Plus Net is added to their list of hotspot providers and they've done that now. I've not tried it yet but in theory it should work.
Essentially all they do is store the details for logging onto a hotspot and authenticate you when you conenct. All you do is connect to a single Devicescape access point (at least that's how it works on Nokia phones), instead of having to pick one and set it all up.
Of course the Plus Net support is limited to pure BT OpenZone UK hotspots only so still very limited, but at least I shouldn't have to muck about with the Plus Net login page when I do find an OpenZone hotspot.