cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting old emails addresses (mainly spam) out of Entourage.

helmi
Dabbler

Deleting old emails addresses (mainly spam) out of Entourage.

I am using Microsoft Office 2008 with Entourage as my email program in my Mac computer. Each time I try to send an email to someone and I put the first letter of the address into the address area I get a whole lot of old spam addresses coming up. I deleted the spams  weeks ago but they are still appearing in the address. Is there any way of deleting ore removing these?  Huh Embarrassed
6 REPLIES 6
firefly2
Grafter

Re: Deleting old emails addresses (mainly spam) out of Entourage.

have they got into your adds book somehow?Huh
i enter loads of names/or words etc into " blocked message." you may finally get rid of them that way. perhaps some-one more experienced will be able help. 
hate annoying things like that.
helmi
Dabbler

Quote from: firefly2
have they got into your adds book somehow?Huh
i enter loads of names/or words etc into " blocked message." you may finally get rid of them that way. perhaps some-one more experienced will be able help. 
hate annoying things like that.

I checked and none of them are in my address book. I shall experiment with your idea of entering them into "block message" Thanks.
helmi
Dabbler

I tried a few entries into "blocked messages" and unfortunately this did not work.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Try opening up Preferences within Entourage and going to the 'Compose' sub menu (under Mail & News Preferences). At the bottom of the 'Compose' menu there is a section headed 'Recent Addresses'. Click on 'Clear List' option and then click OK. Hopefully this should solve your problem. If you do not want it to happen again then untick the 'Display a list of recently used addresses when addressing messages' option.
helmi
Dabbler

Dear Ruslyn,  Thank you so much for your help. I followed your very clear instructions and then checked in the email address section  (pretending to send a new email) - and I have now got rid of all those unwanted addresses. You have made my day!! Cheesy Smiley From helmi
firefly2
Grafter

Hi helmi... glad that you are sorted.
it is so nice to have so many people in the forum  being able  and willing to help  out.
wish that i could say that i knew it all....
think that we are very lucky.. Smiley