cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR software

warbleeder
Grafter

DVR software

so I bought a DVR card it dose everything I want records my CCTV sends emails and text when movement is detected and I can record and view off site over the web
how ever this card says it works with windows XP (vista waste of time testing) and 7
xp works flawless no issues what so ever but when I try with windows 7 issues start
if I do a fresh install of 7 half the time it works first time after that it wont (I get resource file not found) this is software im speaking about
all drivers install on 32 bit without a issue... one thing ive noticed is windows 7 dose not have direct play installed and I have it install it manually
has anyone els had this issue if so do you know a fix? as im confused as to why it works as and when it wants
also I know my machine is not an issue for running win 7 as that machine (not this) is core i3 6gb ram and 1gb radeon hd 4600
6 REPLIES 6
CX
Grafter

Re: DVR software

What DVR card is it?
warbleeder
Grafter

some Chinese one... I know that don't realy help my issue but
the chip used is tekwell tw6816 16 port card
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

run it in admin mode, and if you still have problems then run it in compatibility mode for XP (but still in admin mode) 
loads of software I have I had problems like that in the past especially with the stupid cctv cameras ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
warbleeder
Grafter

I already tried this and I tried every version of 7 works the first time but not after
I don't mind running XP on my second system at home (as its not day to day usage)
but im going self employed and hoping to have a shop in next week or too and I defiantly do not want to pay for 2 computer running AT 2 locations 24/7
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

stupid question but have you tried getting the direct x redistributable files from Microsoft website ?
apparently direct play is part of the direct end user runtimes but those don't get installed by default ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
warbleeder
Grafter

ill give it ago tomorrow afternoon im sure I have tried it
what im also going to do is look into whats preinstalled on win xp compared with 7 .... maybe some other factors .... maybe UAC is causing issues or active x settings.... too much to list and I will prolly go to bed with a head hotter than a oven if I tried
im also going to install software on XP and 7 and compare the installation direc to see if theres any files missing etc
anymore idea welcome and thank you so far Smiley