cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD software for Vista

Not applicable

DVD software for Vista

My DVD recorder uses DVD RAM discs although it will format DVD RW discs and use those. On my previous laptop I could play a DVD RAM disc via Cyberlink that came preinstalled.
My current laptop doesn't have this software and when I put in a DVD RAM disc it can't be read at all (I have Windows Media player, Dell player and Real Alternative).
It is no real hardship not to be able to play the DVD RAM discs but it would be handy if I wanted to copy them to a DVD on my external DVD drive. Could someone please tell me if I had Cyberlink on this laptop, would the DVD player then recognize this? Just wondered if the recognition was due to the computer hardware or the software.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: DVD software for Vista

Hi Poppy, you need a drive that can read DVD-RAM drives. The software isn't the issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why not write DVD RW discs on your PC for playing via your DVD recorder?
They are much cheaper than DVD RAM disks anyway.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Not applicable

Thank you adiewoo -  that is exactly what I wanted to know. Also, axis is spot on too - RW discs are much cheaper than RAM ones, which is why I wanted to copy various bits and pieces I have on my few RAM discs onto ordinary ones for storage.
I would be able to copy them to video (it's a combi machine) and back to cheaper discs so I will have to do that I think.