cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD RW Rom given up the ghost?

dennisb66
Grafter

DVD RW Rom given up the ghost?

I think my dvd rw rom has a fault,but how do i prove it before buying another.? I convert using ConvertXtodvd then from folder drag and drop into Imgburn,all goes well untill i burn,I keep getting a repeat message that disc requires formatting but after format it just repeats itself.i have tried numerous used and new Verbatim RW discs with same response.Have also tried a new DVD R disc and after bufferig to 100% I get the following error....I/O error unknown (internal target failure) (Ox44, OxD9)  Double dutch to me.Have tried 3 different torrents Roll_eyes  Any help appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: DVD RW Rom given up the ghost?

Ok I assume you are using XP ??
If so then RIGHT click on the My Computer icon, and choose the Manage option.
Then choose Device Manager
Is there any errors showing (Exclamation icons) next to the dvdrom or the ide controller?
If not then open the computer and make sure that all the cables are fully home in the drives (all of them)
If you still have problems then looks like you need a new drive, how old is it? How much use had it had?
You cold try getting a s/w update up if you are using the same media you normally use then is more likely that it has died.
K
dennisb66
Grafter

Yes Biker i am using XP,have checked Device Manager and all is OK. I fitted it 6 years ago just after buying my PC and yes it has had a lot of use.
Tomorrow i will check out  the cables but don't hold out much hope there,if all OK then it looks like a new drive.Thanks for your comments and advice Wink
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well six years is a good run for a piece of consumer hardware. You can pick up a 18 speed drive for £20 from svp.co.uk or ebuyer.
dennisb66
Grafter

Thanks will take a look at them Cool
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I recommend a Pioneer DVDRW
dennisb66
Grafter

I agree ,my present driver is a pioneer and its given good service over the past 6years. Smiley