Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF Remote switch

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

DTMF Remote switch

Anybody got any idea where I could buy a reasonably priced DTMF remote tele-switch ?  I already have a Delta Typhone 2 but I want another and cannot find anyone listing it, or for that matter any alternative.  It would simply be used to switch on a power supply by telepone, if necessary through a relay / contactor if not directly.  I have tried all the obvious sources - RS, Maplins etc but I can find absolutelt nothing.  There must be soemthing available.  Sad
6 REPLIES 6
Lurker
Grafter

Re: DTMF Remote switch

http://www.blackbox.co.uk/products/display.asp?id=0&doc=pse606ma&tx=5&sx=2
I suspect it might be a little more advanced than you need or want, but it does sound suitable, if over-specified.
Perhaps the other connection options might make it more attractive though - who knows?
shermans
Pro

Thanks.  You are right - a litle OTT !  The Delta Typhone 2 which I already have is a DIN rail mounted tele-switch and cost about £25 five years ago and works a treat.  But I cannot now find anything like it anywhere; it is quite bizarre because I would have thought this sort of thing was becoming increasingly in demand for simple remote operations - turning on / re-booting a server, a web-cam attached to a pc, a remote network, re-booting a router / modem or even turning on lights, a heating system etc.  I use my existing one for all sorts of different purposes to turn on a power supply into which various hings are plugged.  It is so good, I would like another one but I cannot now find anything similar. Cry
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Not quite what you were looking for, but this unit will work from a Mobile and WAP  Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shermans
Pro

Thanks.  Interesting idea and quite different but I prefer soemthing using an ordinary landline.  Don't understand why it is so difficult !
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Quote from: shermans
Don't understand why it is so difficult !

I don't think it's the degree of difficulty - just probably a very small market these days?
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Ah!    Tripped over this whilst searching for a different sort of switch.  Its a US based company, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page, they do have a 240v international unit available.
http://www.cpscom.com/gprod/sprrc.htm