Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG834PN Logs

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

DG834PN Logs

Hi
Does anyone know if its possible to see how many resyncs have occured on this router.  The logs only seem to tell me about LCP drops, even though i know there have been resyncs.
Can seem to get the logs to tell me this, and the connection stats only give PPP uptime, as well as Wireless and LAN uptime.
Is there a telnet interface that gives this info?Huh
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: DG834PN Logs

does routerstats work on that - if so the routerstats log will give you information
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Unsure Jim, been looking at kitzs site, and it mentions Dg834PNB, as compatable with v8... Suppose it wont hurt to try.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Got DMT working now.  What logs do I need to look at to see how many actual resyncs there have been, not PPP drops.  A bit unsure where to look.
Also will it tell me what my default noise margin is.  One odd thing i  noticed that when playing with the logs, it says I am on fastpath, but the graphic under the downstream stats, says interleaved, and I am under the impression I am interleaved.
Any help gratefully taken....... Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I can't help on DMT but have you tried Routerstats because if DMT works so should Routerstats and the following refers to it
Regarding fastpath or not - the easy way to be sure is to look at RS Corrected in the summary - if there aren't any you are on fast path
At the top of the summary screen this gives the WAN and LAN uptime - LAN is basically since the last router reboot and WAN since the last resync with the exchange (not a PPP drop) so you can look back in the log to that time
Finally - if you go into the setup page - the funny gear on the left - and select Log you can get it to log WAN uptime which will give you the information you want as you can see when it drops
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks jim, appreciate your help on this
Rgrds
Chris
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: penfold
Any help gratefully taken....... Smiley

Put it in the bin Wink
I had one of these routers and out of the 4 i have had it has been the worst in every way, including holding synch.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'