cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising Google Search Results page...

pawhe955
Grafter

Customising Google Search Results page...

Hi all,
At the place I just started work, there is an IT policy that web access is via a managed proxy service, and that service has blacklists and/or whitelists of sites that we can get to or not. However, when I couldn't get to a legitimate site (that was incorrectly categorised) from it's link in a Google Search Results page, some people were "horrified" that I simply clicked on the "cached" option that Google provides, and was provided with all the information I required (albeit potentially a little old)....
I explained that the proxy service were probably filtering on URL/server names serving requested content, so the link to the blocked site wouldn't work, but as the cached information was being provided from Google's own caching servers, these probably weren't listed to be blocked.....
We could ask the proxy service to block Google (and Yahoo, and Bing, and... etc.) caching engine server names, but that might be overkill.
So, does anyone know if there is an easy way of getting Google to display the results page, but without the "cached" option listed?  Perhaps a hidden URL string that we could ask the proxy service to add into our search queries? (an IT colleague tried setting a few Google search options - like "strict" - but couldn't find an obvious one that removed the "cached" option from the results page...).
Thanks,
P.