cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Login problem

Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Customer Login problem

Since yesterday when trying to login to the Member Centre I get the message shown below the first time I click the login button. Clicking the button for the second time, without changing anything else, gets me logged in successfully. Using FF4 and using saved passwords.
Not a big problem, but slightly annoying. Could this be linked to other connectivity problems?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Customer Login problem

Have you tried deleting your cookies and temporary internet files?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  On checking, I found I have been accumulating multiple Plusnet cookies - getting rid of them all and logging in again (first time), I now only have one, which seems reasonable.
Thanks to this checking I also found I had many cookies that I thought my regular use of CCleaner should have been been clearing, but was not! Now warned I will not be placing total reliance on that process any more.
edit: spoke too soon - problem back again this morning (Sunday) but I see other are experiencing similar problems so I will await developments
edit 2: re CCleaner - just downloaded latest version 3.07 and whereas the previous version 3.00 was showing no FF cookies to delete the latest version showed 33! - it also showed a much bigger Internet Cache to delete. This suggests to me that the earlier version was not compatible with the latest FF4 - is this worth flagging up elsewhere or did everyone else know this already.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for replying Whiffler, glad you got that sorted. Windows cleaner can be a good alternative to CC. I prefer just deleting them myself via the browser menu, that way you can be sure that its done the trick.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team