Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about spam

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Curious about spam

I get around on average 15 to 20 spam mails a day in my webmail. It's rare but some days I don't get any. I wonder, does everyone (within +Net) get the same one's, or is what I get simply a result of my wanderings on the web etc.
PlusNet webmail I'm delighted to say only lets through to my mail accounts a very small number that can be counted in very low numbers over a couple of weeks...so well done PlusNet.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES 3
suesykes
Grafter

Re: Curious about spam

I have a email account that I use just for registering for sites... It gets loads of junk.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

2 words:
Inbox rules.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've been a bit curious about spam because I actually remember when I started getting it in "large" amounts.
I was in New Zealand at the time, around this time last year. And had taken to checking my email inbox on my mobile phone (only headers, anything important, then I'd use my daughters computer to access it) Probably within 24 hours I'd received over 100 junk mails and continued to daily until returning to the UK mid January.
Since then, the volume has reduced considerably, possibly because I only rarely use my mobile for this nowadays. Prior to this time, I suppose I was quite lucky and getting a junk mail was a rare event indeed.
So is there really a link with using a mobile phone for email, or am I putting 2 and 2 together and making it 5? should I delete my mail accounts from my phone as an unnecessary "gimmick"?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.