cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curiosity over Advertisement (and capacity)...

matt_2k34
Grafter

Curiosity over Advertisement (and capacity)...

Hey
I'm just wondering how long is the campaign expecting to last in London?
Was going from Camberwell Green, to Euston station, - 30 odd mins on the bus and saw...
EIGHTEEN
Plusnet adverts, that i'd consider - ALOT, more than DOUBLE the ipad adverts (7 ipdad adverts on the route).
-- yes, i got bored on the route --
And im curious (but not expecting an answer to...)
What sort of increase is PN seeing from this obviously massive investment - e.g. is it actually having a major difference to customer numbers?
im not after exact figures of leavers and joiners, just an averaged 'gain' per month? and whats the current customer number?
Whats the capacity currently like?
i know that info's available on kitz.co.uk - but doesnt seem that updated  Grin -- and i know theres the "gateway" drops graphs, but what capacity does that equate to?
Heres hoping! for some info Smiley
But i understand if thats a "ehh, no comment" kinda question  Grin
11 REPLIES 11
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Curiosity over Advertisement...

and whats the current customer number?

BT Annual Report
"We also offer consumer broadband and home phone services under the Plusnet brand which now has 369,000 customers (2009:309,000)."
http://www.btplc.com/Sharesandperformance/Annualreportandreview/pdf/BTGroupAnnualReport2010.pdf
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes, I've noticed more and more PlusNet adverts on hoardings in my part of London (far North) during the last week or so - they seem to be everywhere! Also online.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I wish they'd change the radio commercials Crazy
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Mad
Yes, I've noticed more and more PlusNet adverts on hoardings in my part of London (far North) during the last week or so - they seem to be everywhere! Also online.

Out of interest what exactly is your part of London Mad Moggies? As ‘far north’ is exactly how I'd describe my bit too (northern Enfield, a few minutes' driving south of Waltham Cross). Either way I'm certainly getting a bit tired of seeing Plusnet's adverts appearing too…
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

A few miles south of you I'd think, but still in L B Enfield, which used to be called 'Top London Borough'!
Ponders End is my telephone exchange but I'm actually just over the border in Edmonton. My sister (also with PN on my recommendation, not least for free phone calls to me!) is in very North Enfield, just below the M25, and on the Lea Valley exchange, but her line is a bit rubbish for speed.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Be3G
Grafter

Snap – that's my exchange too, although I think I'm close to the northern limit of it; on the bus back from Waltham Cross yesterday I spotted some of Lea Valley's lovely new FTTC cabinets but I'm just not quite far north enough to get them! We are due FTTC in Ponders End any time now though, thankfully.
matt_2k34
Grafter

@alanf
nice find.. however.
Thats 2009, doesnt take into account how much growth this mass advertising campaign has brought in. (which has really picked up over the last month / two months)
This is why im asking for some up-to-date figures Smiley
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The figures are as up to date as you'll get. The report is dated 12 MAY 2010 and gives figures for company years ending 2010 (369,000)  and 2009 (309,000) . What proportion of the growth is attributable to the advertising campaign is not answered.
adie:quote
matt_2k34
Grafter

exactly - please read subject title chap Smiley
i was kind of hoping for maybe an insider looksy.
+60,000 is very good. +5000 customers per month, avg'd... well i wondered what they're averaging now.. also are they investing in more capacity Smiley
Again, thanks, but not quite what i was after..
Lurker
Grafter

Not what you are after either, but in my part of Leeds there are PN adverts on lots of bus shelters.
I haven't completed an exact count (I'm driving, so have other things to look out for at the time Wink )
There do seem to be far more of them than any other advert though.
I suspect you are correct that the answer will be 'sensitive business information' - but worth asking anyway.
I just wish there was a bit of variety in them.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

We're still getting bombarded with the radio commercials.  I wish they would change them and even make them a little more up-market Wink