Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cujo Effect

RayG1
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Cujo Effect

I have an unusual problem at the moment. I have a Cujo device connected to my router. This is an anti-virus device that manages all 'smart' devices in the home. Today the Cujo service was suspended. The vendor said it had reached the end of its service. However, when I switched it off and disconnected it from the router, I could not access the internet. The light on the router was blue but I could not connect. When I reconnected the Cujo the internet became available.

The Cujo is connected to an ethernet port on the router. The router is connected to the phone line so the Cujo is not first in the link as far as connectivity goes. I don't know whether the router settings need changed but, if they do, I don't know enough about it to know what to do. So, at the moment, the Cujo is connected but not providing any safety. Any help would be appreciated although I do realise this seems to be a strange problem.

Ray

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Cujo Effect

@RayG1 

Remove this Cujo device then factory reset your hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in the reset hole. Keep the switch closed for about 30 seconds. Leave it for 10 minutes or so to reboot, reconfigure itself and reconnect to the internet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RayG1
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Cujo Effect

Hi Baldrick1

You are my hero. Thank you, the reset worked fine. i suppose I should have thought of it myself but I appreciate your help.

Thisis, i think, thethirdtimeover a period of a couple of years when i have posted a query on the forum and, each time, the answer has been provided in very quick time. This is a great forum.