cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a user guide to bonding / load balancing internet connections.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a user guide to bonding / load balancing internet connections.

Hi,
I have dual Internet connections and I was considering creating a post or library article on how to bond these and load balance them, if any one was interested.
What do you think?
--
Mook
5 REPLIES 5
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Creating a user guide to bonding / load balancing internet connections.

I'd be interested in reading it, but I don't know how useful it would be.  I would guess what you would do would be specific to your hardware, and a lot of it wouldn't be relevant to different hardware.  It might however spark interest into someone who hasn't considered doing it before, and decides to go out and buy the same hardware.
If it was quite generic or covered a good range of different hardware, then it would make a good library article
Thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PJMarsh
Well if this helps the voting then it will be based solely on the hardware I am buying, so will be of limited use in that respect.
However, if it was done as a community library article then it would be easy for another user to add to it with their experience and hardware.
--
Mook
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Would be a good idea if Plusnet explained their own load balancing foul-ups.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

TORPC
Grafter

What load balancing foul ups ?Huh
I was under the impression that it was only a theory  Lips_are_sealed
Quote from: Kelly
<snip>
Our original theory on this being a load balancer configuration issue has turned out to be incorrect.   
<snip>

Grin Grin Grin
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

There's the fundamental design flaw in that putting load balancers in front of the DNS servers (on the older non BNG gateways) results in an increased number of slow external DNS lookups being made (particularly noticeable in perverse test cases of repeatedly looking up the same hostname).