Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Crash

Switched on my laptop as usual this morning and was presented with a screen of coloured bands and a lot of loud bleeping.

A pop up message asked if I could see coloured bands, when answered yes, the computer went into a self test mode that is scheduled to take over two hours.

I have the option to pause, or escape, not that I can see how these can be selected as the mouse and touch pad is disabledbut have chosen to leave it testing.

Help!!

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
1 REPLY 1
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Crash

Returned home from work having left the self-test running, I found that the test was complete, with a message if I wanted to reboot and, the mouse was working again.

Of course, I chose to reboot. This seemed to take rather longer than usual (not surprisingly I guess) but all seemed quite normal after that.

The screen during the test was a monochrome manufacturers (Dell), and apparently nothing to do with Windows 10.

Anyone any ideas?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.