cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupler for internet cables

RayH
Dabbler

Coupler for internet cables

I am looking for a coupler to connect two internet cables together between my router and the microfilter in my phone wall socket. The only ones I have been able to find so far, are as follows:
1) RJ12 Coupler.
2) RJ11 to RJ11 Coupler. Connected pin to pin.
3) RJ11 to RJ11 Reverse Coupler. Connected cross pin.
Would any of the above be suitable?
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Coupler for internet cables

Hi, and welcome Smiley
Option 2 is what you're after, though you'd be marginally better off getting a longer RJ11 cable if you definitely need to move the router further away.
Even better would be to leave the router fitted as close as possible to the phone socket and to extend any network cables that you may use.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

If it is an Ethernet cable you're looking to extend, then you need an RJ45 coupler  See here at Screwfix.
Not the cheapest but there's usually a Screwfix depot nearby.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

he isn't as the cable goes between the filter and the router
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: pwatson
Even better would be to leave the router fitted as close as possible to the phone socket and to extend any network cables that you may use.

And for this option?
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.