cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of questions re fibre installation

Amalea
Dabbler

Couple of questions re fibre installation

I'm currently a plus.net customer and I'm interested in switching to the fibre packages, but as I live in rented accommodation I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask.
1. If we switch to fibre package (with the 18 month tie in) what happens if we move and our new address doesn't have the option of fibre? Can we downgrade to a lower package reducing the cost?
2. Once fibre is installed, if a new tenant moved in and didn't want to use fibre broadband, can the house still support a standard adsl connection?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, really wasn't sure where to put it!
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Couple of questions re fibre installation

Quote from: Amalea
1. If we switch to fibre package (with the 18 month tie in) what happens if we move and our new address doesn't have the option of fibre? Can we downgrade to a lower package reducing the cost?

If you move and fibre isn't available at the new address, you'd be provided on the fastest speed we could get for you (and be charged appropriately for that).
Quote from: Amalea
2. Once fibre is installed, if a new tenant moved in and didn't want to use fibre broadband, can the house still support a standard adsl connection?

Yes, but it'd need an engineer visit to switch the master socket back. If you're looking at getting fibre installed in rented accommodation we'd strongly recommend talking to the landlord about it before you do.
Amalea
Dabbler

Yeah, plan is to ask the landlord, trying to predict what he'd ask before contacting them to save time.
I'd assume that the engineer visit would cost a fee to switch it back (if needed)?
Cheers for the response.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Changing back would need an engineer visit but I don't think it'd cost any more than getting a line installed in the first place.
Amalea
Dabbler

Many thanks, time to contact the landlord!  Smiley