cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cordless phones

Mav
Fixes: 515

Cordless phones

Out cordless Panasonic phones seem to have both given up the ghost at the same time. They were part of a twin set bought autumn 2010. Could be the batteries but don't really want to buy 4 more just to find it is the phones. One doesn't show any display (although the backlight does come on if you press a button) when sitting on the charger or base unit and the other does show a display but goes out as soon as you pick the phone up.

So am looking for a replacement twin set and have these in mind. Does anyone have any experience of these, line quality, etc. or any other recommendations, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Cordless phones

I've got a set of 3 Panasonics (one was bought at a later date). Have you replaced the rechargeable batteries in the base unit? Also (possibly) the rechargeable batteries in individual units. Batteries seem to last several years and AA batteries are always useful for something.

I think mine were sold by BT.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mav
Fixes: 515

@VileReynard

Pretty sure there aren't any batteries in the base unit. Was reluctant to buy new rechargables in case they aren't the cause of the problems. 

I wonder if I put a couple of non-rechargables in the handsets (without putting them in the charging cradles) it could work. At least if it did then I could buy replacement rechargables. 

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I have recently replaced the batteries in a BT set of phones, the symptoms being a maximum indicated charge of about 50% even after prolonged charging and a very short "use" time - so not exactly the same. I also used non-rechargeable batteries for a short period whilst awaiting replacements.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I wonder if I put a couple of non-rechargables in the handsets (without putting them in the charging cradles) it could work. At least if it did then I could buy replacement rechargables.

Yes, that's fine Smiley

(as you say, don't put them into the bases)