cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert swf to useable video (e.g. avi) - free and easy?

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Convert swf to useable video (e.g. avi) - free and easy?

Hi there.
Does anyone know of a website or some freeware (ideally for Mac OS X, though I could cope with Windows) that can convert a .swf file (from a webpage) to a .avi file or .mov file?
Thanks,
Martin
5 REPLIES 5
samuria
Grafter

Re: Convert swf to useable video (e.g. avi) - free and easy?

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It looks like it, but I was hoping for a personal recommendation - Google gave me various sites that seemed to list suitable freeware, but as I hadn't heard of them before (the site, the software, or the software publisher) I was reluctant to download and install something just coz Google spewed it up.  Who knows what malware may or may not have been contained therein?!
Martin
samuria
Grafter

The problem with swf files is it can contain anything from video to actionscipt code which often makes it hard to convert to video. If its straight video your are doing its not so bad as a flash user you can convert it to flv format within flash which is then great for quality and size
Rikaitch
Grafter

Super is my weapon of choice. It allows most formats to be converted from one to another, and is truly free. I use it to regularly copy videos from Youtube (.flv) to my mobile (3gp or mp4)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just downloaded it - looks to do exactly what I want