cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Panel

paulcobb
Grafter

Control Panel

I have logged into the control panel at http://voip.plus.net but I do not see options to allow me to change passwords.
Am I looking in the wrong place or is there a prob?
Paul
Ticket 23510452
16 REPLIES 16
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Control Panel

If you click on "Account Overview", then on the Extension number you can change a password there for you VOIP login, but it does say that it wont change your Control Panel login.  I can't see where you change your password for the Control Panel.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RichSmol
Grafter

If you go to the 'Contact Details' section on the left hand side you will see the password section at the foot of this page.
You can change your http://voip.plus.net login password at this page, if you click the 'extensions' link above this password box you will then be sent to another page where you can change your softphone/VoIP hardware device login password as well - i advise that you keep both of these passwords the same to avoid confusion.
We are looking at re-engineering this process to make both passwords visible on a single page so watch this space on that one..
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Rich.  That's useful to know.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulcobb
Grafter

On the LHS of the page I do not see 'contact details'
What I have is
VoIP Trial Services
Voicemail
Voice Prompts
Directory
Calls Out
Calls In
Log Out

Paul
RichSmol
Grafter

hmmm. We've not had a report like this before...
Please could you remove your cookies and clear your cache for the http://voip.plus.net pages, log out, close your browser and try again? I suspect that this might of been a 'one off'. If not then we'll need to investigate this urgently.
cheers
paulcobb
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
hmmm. We've not had a report like this before...
Please could you remove your cookies and clear your cache for the http://voip.plus.net pages, log out, close your browser and try again?

Ok done,  still the same I'm afraid!
Paul
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

I have
"logged in as
me
@mydomain.net"
at the bottom of my list on the left.  Do you have anything like that?
Phil

paulcobb
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
I have
"logged in as
me
@mydomain.net"
at the bottom of my list on the left.  Do you have anything like that?

I have 'logged in as [my sip ID]'
Paul
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Have you tried logging out and back in again?
Phil

paulcobb
Grafter

Have you tried logging out and back in again?

Yes numerous times!
Paul
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Don't suppose you've noticed if you've ever had those other options?
Phil

paulcobb
Grafter

Don't suppose you've noticed if you've ever had those other options?

I haven't  - definitely.
Paul
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

I think that's one PlusNet and/or Gradwell need to fix then.
Hopefully Rich is onto it, and will be back soon with a fix.
Phil

Ianwild
Grafter

I think that's one PlusNet and/or Gradwell need to fix then.
Hopefully Rich is onto it, and will be back soon with a fix.
Phil

Actually, I think I figured it out (With help from Maurice in PUG).
It seems Gradwell have two ways to login, either using the customer email address, or the extension of the SIP account.
I'm guessing it's by design that the extension only provides options in relation to that extension, whereas the email address provides more options for administration of the customer details. This in theory is good, because it would allow us to offer one customer multiple extensions that can be administered individually - eg in an office environment.
So, the simple answer is to login with your email address and not your SIP ID. Rich is going to ask Gradwell to change the text on the login page to be a bit more explicit as I can easily see how the confusion came about.
Ian