cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection settings empty?

Alfa
Dabbler

Connection settings empty?

Last few days I've noticed that if I log into the Member Centre and go to Connection Settings - firstly that the page loads very slowly (like 1 minute), and secondly when it does complete loading, all I get is the "frame" menu's, but no content ie all the icons for the different options  (Settings, Speedtest, Interleaving etc.etc) are missing - what's happened?Huh
anyone else geeting this problem - and how do you get the icons back?
ta very much  Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Connection settings empty?

I'm noticing 'Connection Settings' very slow to load but icons are there.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi alfa,
I'm looking at this now for you, it might be something to do with the fault ticket that was closed relatively recently. Sorry about the hassle, I'll update as soon as I know any more.
Alfa
Dabbler

OK thanks Matt - it does seem to coincide with the last message on the ticket, which btw should still be open I think
ta
Alfa
Dabbler

Hi,
Still having problems with this - I've tried logging in from anouther pc and have exactly the same result, very very slow to load the page, and when it eventually completes all the icons are missing.
any news from your side Matt?
ta very much......
ps - the good news though is that the disconnections seem to have reduced vastly from once or twice a day, it's now only dropped once or twice in the last 12 days and the connection speed has gone back up  - not sure about the download speed though as I can't get to the speed tester!  Roll_eyes
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Looks to me like it's something specific to Broadband Plus accounts. I've raised a priority problem to have our developers take a look (ref: 65834). The only thing at this time that I can think was on the page for Broadband Plus that wasn't there for other account types, is an idle timeout setting.
I'll report back once we've got to the bottom of it...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Alfa
Dabbler

Ok thanks Bob,
Might be worth pointing out that it was working ok up until around 8th feb - never had a problem with it before
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, that would point the finger of blame squarely at this. I'll let the developers know.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heads up that this particular problem should be fixed at some point tomorrow guys.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Alfa
Dabbler

Cheers Bob,
Well, it's nearly fixed - all the icons are back and working ok, but the header to the page (and lots of others) where you have Help & Support, and Member Centre - Member Centre is covered up by the Search button from the line above, so you can't get to the Member Centre!
Also, this all started due to a speed issue caused by a dropping line, which now seems to be fixed, but I notice the line did drop sometime in the early morning 3 days ago - would this have been from your end? Good news though, as since it's been re-connected I'm getting best speeds ever, now gone up to around 6300, whereas I was getting around 5800 until the last reconnection!
Smiley
ajbrown1965
Grafter

I have much the same problem, my Account details, Website settings and Connections settings boxes are all empty, Oddly, I can see all of them if I log in to Plusnet on my wife's computer, which is on the same network, same router etc., and uses all the same software. We both use Firefox as a browser and I've checked all the settings on both computers and can't see any differences, e.g. cookies set etc. From memory this problem started about 6 weeks ago.
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Don't know if this is the cause of other people's problem, but I dug deep into Firefox's settings and found that for some reason I had it set to block Plusnet's web site from loading images. Cleared that and everything now works.