cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems on 2.4Ghz

EdCheese

Connection problems on 2.4Ghz

Looking for some help!

Everything was fine until I started getting bluetooth interference on a speaker (this may be coincidence) and decided to shut off the 2.4Ghz on the router to see if that was the problem.

It did not sort the issue, since then I have had intermittent connections on the 2.4Ghz (was the interference the start of the problem???).

5Ghz works fine, 2.4Ghz was working after a full reset of the router yesterday. Now has just stop working again. I know it is the router at fault as 3 devices, all which need the 2.4, dropped out at the same time this evening.

I have given 2.4G and 5G different SSID names and removed the sync between them. Still no 2.4 wifi.

Suggestions please anyone.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Connection problems on 2.4Ghz

@EdCheese wrote:

I know it is the router at fault as 3 devices,

Still no 2.4 wifi.

You answered your own question... The router has bitten the wifi dust and gone off to radio heaven.. or at least its on its way there.

You could try changing channels, setting it to auto or plugging in an ethernet wifi AP to the network.

Don't ask how to change your channels, you've not supplied the make / model of your router.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

It does sound like the router may have broken.

If you're using the Hub One, I take it wireless network enable is set to yes for the 2.4 Ghz Wireless? It's also possibly worth changing the channels as advised by 7up.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
EdCheese

Thanks 7up, 

I have tried different channels but this didn't help.

I suspected it was broken but thought I would ask in case I've missed something daft.

Ed

EdCheese

Cheers Gandalf,

It is a Hub One, both 2.4 & 5 are enabled.

I will try a hard reset again tonight and see what happens.

All my devices work fine, its the kids and wife's that don't so I could leave it .......on second thoughtsGrin 

So, new router here I come. Any suggestions on a better router that the Hub One (with out spending silly money) or is it pretty reasonable?

Ed