cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my cctv dvr to the internet via Technicolour router

seeker

Connecting my cctv dvr to the internet via Technicolour router

Hi. I am trying to connect my far Eastern cctv dvr to the internet for remote access to viewing, playback, channel selection etc. So far I have run a cat 5 cable between the dvr and the router and the dvr menu gives me a dvr address of 192.168.1.93 This seems to be "seen" by the router as I have pinged that address and it responds.
I have ordered a fixed ip address for my plusnet account and I believe I now need to make some adjustments to the router settings to enable the dvr to be connected to the internet. Can anyone guide me through the next steps please as I am at the edge of my computing skills and groping in the dark somewhat.  Sad
3 REPLIES 3
cptcarwash32

Re: Connecting my cctv dvr to the internet via Technicolour router

I have the same set up. After about a couple of hours my cctv freezes and the only way to clear this is to switch off and then back on. I can ping it and it will be seen.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

It sounds similar to mine, only mine is wireless. Not very good at explaining, but you need to set up a rule in the firewall for a new application and add the internal ip address of the recorder. Then you need to specify a port number in port forwarding for this application (e.g. 999). The address of your equipment from outside will then be youripaddress:999. If you get a no-ip account, you don't need a fixed ip address.
Mark
jf

I need help too!
I have a Far East DVR  a H264 model that works well showing security camera images on my PC connected via the lan cable and wirelessly on my laptop at home.
I cannot I acess my digital video recorder (security images) over the internet and via my smartphone. I have fibre broadband and the Plusnet tg 5282n router. i
Where can I find the router settings that work as every setting I have tried fails to provide access. The IP adresss set by default in the dvr is 192.168.1.75.
and a http port - 80 cmd port 6001 tci 6002 mobile port 6003
I hope someone  can help