cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting PC to TV

waldron
Grafter

Re: Connecting PC to TV

notheruser - I checked the nVidia site, and it said for my model that Sony required that drivers were downloaded from their own site. So I have installed the latest driver from Sony and have tweaked some of the settings in the nVidia Control Panel.
I’m not sure what exactly did the trick, but using the S-video to scart interface, I now get the full picture horizontally and am missing less then half an inch top and bottom. I suspect this is the best I am going to get.
The picture is acceptable, but as you say not up to the standard of a DVD. I have decided to put the exercise on hold until I change the TV, which will probably be HD-Ready. In that case, I assume that the HDMI interface would be the best option.
Many thanks for your help.
notheruser
Grafter

Great - glad you've had success  Cheesy
The new drivers are probably Sony's tweaked version of the latest nVidia ones anyhow.
I'm sure you're getting a great picture from DVD's on that set, so you'll be in no rush to change, but when you do, yes HDMI is the way to go.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just found what looks like the ideal solution for you 12 v/mains portable 320Gb media player, USB2 to PC and Scart to TV with remote control for slides etc.  Linky Maplins £99.99
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

pierre_pierre, well even if waldron is happy with the route he's taking, like the look of that for myself. Must get along to a Maplin branch for a looksee.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Offer price only up to 18th March
pierre_pierre
Grafter

If you have a spare IDE hard drive available there is this cheaper solution Linky Maplins £39.99
waldron
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Just found what looks like the ideal solution for you 12 v/mains portable 320Gb media player, USB2 to PC and Scart to TV with remote control for slides etc.  Linky Maplins £99.99

Thanks for that. I'll have a detailed look at it.