cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Linksys WRT32X to +net hub

Ace123

Connecting Linksys WRT32X to +net hub

Am trying to connect Linksys to plusnet one hub but Linksys keeps saying it cannot get an internet signal from +net. +net customer services have given me info to do manual set up but this has not worked, they think that as it is the Linksys is not compatible with +net unless +net is put in modem only, which they advise can be done but are not allowed / cannot advise as to how to do it. Any info would be welcome. Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Connecting Linksys WRT32X to +net hub

Welcome to the forum.

AFAIK The Hub One cannot be put into modem only modem, I asked the same question just yesterday.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Hub-One-Modem-Only-Mode/td-p/1601336

It might be worth looking at replacing the Hub One with an Openreach HG612 modem from that auction site or if you'd like new then maybe a Draytek Vigor 130 or Netgear DM200 for example.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Ace123

Thank you, I thought it couldn't be and was looking at the netgear already but when the +net tech person suggested it could but was not allowed to say how, I thought I would just explore this first. Thanks again.
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Ace123 wrote:
+net tech person suggested it could but was not allowed to say how, I thought I would just explore this first.

I wonder if the ability is in a hidden menu someplace.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Ace123

Will explore some more, if I find out how I will post it.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Try a BT HG612 modem on ebay.

e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/BT-Openreach-Huawei-Hg612-Vdsl-fttc-Fibre-Modem/2234529781

It looks very similar to the one I've been using for the last 6 years (with a Netgear router).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

This question pops up quite regularly here but unfortunately the Hub One can't be put in Modem Only mode.