cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Deco M5 to BTOpenreach Modem

SCat

Connecting Deco M5 to BTOpenreach Modem

I have plusnet broadbands but the modem is BTOpenzone.
I am trying to connect Connecting AC1300 Deco M5 to a BTOpenreach Modem. 
but the Deco M5 unit is not connecting to the internet. 
it detects that the modem uses PPPoe and asks for a username and password. 
I have looked this up on the BT forum and apparently the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password is BT. 
I have used these but when the setup app starts testing the internet connection, the light on the Deco unit turns red and the app says that the Username and password are wrong. 
what am I doing wrong? 
thanks. 
Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Connecting Deco M5 to BTOpenreach Modem

@SCat  Welcome to the forum.

The username you need is the one you use to log into your Plusnet account followed by @plusdsl.net make sure there are no spaces. The password is again the one used to log into your Plusnet account.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

thackie2015
Dabbler

I agree with the the previous post re using your plusnet credentials - that is how I connected my Deco 5 using a 3rd party modem

SCat

Thanks I will try this. I don’t think that I have ever logged into my plusnet account so I will need to figure that out first.
SCat

Thank you for trying to help @Baldrick1. This solution did not work.
The modem does not have a dynamic IP so it needs a username and password. None of the Un & Pw combinations that I was advised from this and other forums worked.
In the end I plugged in my old plusnet router, turned off the WiFi and plugged the deco into that. A solution of sorts.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@SCat 

We may be at cross purposes here. From reading the manual there are two ways of connecting the M5, either in Router or Access Point mode.

In router mode you connect a standard BT Openreach (or third party) modem between the M5 and the DSL filter. You do not input any settings into these modems, The Plusnet User Name and Password settings are input to the M5.

In Access Point mode you use the Plusnet hub. Log into the Hub One Advanced Wireless settings and switch off the Wireless then connect it to the M5 using a LAN socket.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'