cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure desktop

Not applicable

Configure desktop

I half think that someone has already answered this but can't remember if this is true or not  ???.
Anyway, here goes:
I like Ubuntu but want to combine the top and bottom taskbars into one i.e. like Windows.  This would mean that I have all my menu at the bottom left of the screen and open programmes in the middle with no top taskbar at all.  Can this be done?  I don't like docks BTW.  I would be perfectly willing to use Mint but I would prefer the Ubuntu menu to the Mint one so would it be possible to have Mint but change the menu to the Ubuntu one?
2 REPLIES 2
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Configure desktop

You can do either (typical in Linux there is always more than one solution)
In Ubuntu, right click on the bottom bar, in a clear space, and choose add to panel. Select the "WIndow List" from the items and click add. On the top bar right click and choose remove panel.
In Mint, right click the Menu and choose "remove from panel" then go through the same as above and add the "standard" menus.

--- Maybe I should say how to do in M$ (now, except you can't  ;D) to appease SteveM who thinks I am hijacking all the M$ threads)
Not applicable

Re: Configure desktop

Thank you for that HB - knew that there would be a simple answer. Have added the Windows List and Show Desktop icon to the top panel, moved it to the bottom and deleted the normal bottom panel as it is no longer needed.  Now it is exactly as I want.    Smiley
Will try again with Mint if I have another play with the new one (not downloaded it yet so only have 9.10).