cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer recommendations

Be3G
Grafter

Re: Computer recommendations

I must say that when I purchased a Dell laptop - not terribly cheap, was something like £800 - about five years ago, I was appalled by the quality... it was, in fact, the final straw for me that caused me to move from Microsoft to Apple. However, the OP is interested in desktops so I'm not entirely certain how relevant that is... but I just thought I'd point out that sometimes even spending a reasonable amount with these companies still doesn't guarantee good quality.
matt_2k34
Grafter

I was appalled by the quality...

I agree! Dell not only create shoddy products and then FORCE you to use their own drivers which are horridly outdated, (you can get round that, but its not that simple for the avg user) - there laptops are generally poor.
Personally from the list of four - id of gone for Asus or HP/Compaq - people generally dislike HP because they bought/merged with Compaq - who used to make absolute junk, thankfully HP make decent machines.
Best thing i could suggest for looking at a laptop is try to find the brand : Asus, Acer, Samsung, HP or Toshiba - and then go for best specification for price.
Did this with mine, ended up with a Samsung, was so happy bought another Smiley
James
Grafter

I just bought a Samsung R519 and haven't had any problems at all.
mentalist3d
Grafter

I would actually recommend what Be3G mentions earlier, try a MAC, they are quite user friendly and very stable. The price tag can be high but you are paying for a machine that doesn't require endless hardware upgrades and could end up saving money in the long run. I switched to a MAC earlier this year, and I've not had one problem (touch wood) so far.