Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comodo Firewall 10ft barge poll

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Comodo Firewall 10ft barge poll

I tried it and didn't like it, finding it interfering with Games it had been setup to Trust and after a weeks use then Losing settings for applications.
So I went to unstall it yesterday and like AOL software of old its a hard Lemming to uninstall completely.  Thankfully I had a restore point from 2 weeks ago and got rid of this pile of censored.
So it's a ZA clone with a face lift with AOL stubborn streak, avoid
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
6 REPLIES 6
Kevster
Dabbler

Re: Comodo Firewall 10ft barge poll

I realise this is an old post but old news can be good news too.
Comodo has recently updated the applications you may want to have another look at there site if your looking for free security software, seems allot has been, or seam's to have been "ironed out"........ I agree there is other alternatives around, Clam win for instance straight forward to the point Anti Virus.
http://www.clamwin.com/
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I haven't had any issues with Comodo, it has been better than Sunbelts Kerio which made my laptop BSOD.
I would recommend it with Avira Anti-Vir as working well for me.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
barky
Grafter

Have been using comodo firewall on my xp laptop for ages now - yes, I have had a few little problems but I managed to fix them all by tweaking settings - the firewall part has not given any problems whatsoever - but the defense+ part can be a bit of an irritant as it blocks programs in external drives with some you have to set to trust manually, others via a pop up - such as some programs run with portableapps that have some gtk+ in them. It did give the option not to install the defense+ part - which I now know really just 'nannies' you - If I ever reinstall the program I might leave that bit out, does much the same as tea timer on spybot s&d .. which I leave disabled as it only serves to infuriate
perhaps I've just been lucky? but I have no plans to get rid of comodo
- I run it alongside Avast! av
Not applicable

Agreed Gus - had the same problem as you in uninstalling the thing. When it was 'off' the system, Security Centre thought it was still there so hadn't switched on the Windows Firewall. Wound up using a batch file to uninstall (obtained from the Comodo forum) but then had to restart the security centre and reinstall AV because it wasn't recognising it.
It's too intrusive and complicated for the likes of me.
techguy
Grafter

I have to say even for someone who is familiar with firewalls and ports the defense+ feature of this software is a nightmare and file submission to them for inspection never worked.
scootie
Grafter

run comodo on vista prem and i installed it on my sisters xp sp3 for over a year now and never had a problem with it. i run firewall in custom mode and dont use the defence+ at all.
ive tried diffrent firewalls and anti v setups and have allways gone straight back to my comodo and avg setup for ease of use