Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community and Official forums

Estragon
Rising Star

Community and Official forums

Hi,
I came to this forum from the link on the Plusnet Home Page. I don't know how I arrived at the Official Pusnet Usergroup forums and site a few minutes ago, but I did.
This is very confusing.  Which should I use for what? Which is generally best and why?  Please don't just say This one of course  :).
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Community and Official forums

Although not an official support forum the Plusnet Digital Care Team do browse the Community Forum mainly during office hours and offer help and support.
Knowledgeable forum members also offer help with problems.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Estragon
Rising Star

Thanks, but what is the "Official" one for, and why is this one, (which I like), linked to on the PN main site and the other isn't?  I haven't a clue how I got there, or how I would again if I don't bookmark it. Surely the Official Usergroup one would be the one they link to?
Very puzzled.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The Usergroup are essentially independent and their forums are not run by Plusnet although they have close links.
These forums although moderated by customers are hosted by and run by Plusnet who have the ultimate say in what happens here.
However, in my time as a moderator they have never directly interfered with the moderating or controlling of posts on the forums. Except for one unfortunate incident a few years ago where one member of staff thought that he would be helpful. I mention this because if I don't one or other of the longer serving members will point it out.
The links from the Plusnet Home Page all seem to come here
Estragon
Rising Star

Thanks Jim,
I think I'll ignore the other one then. From what you say everyone there will be here as well, plus more. The Official bit looks like a white lie. I still don't know how I got there.
Oh yes I do! Since I typed that i have reopened a closed tab and clicked the back arrow a few times.  It was from clicking the Which Gateway link in someone's sig here.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Oldjim
The links from the Plusnet Home Page all seem to come here

Because 'here' is best  Smiley
This is a good place for links: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,355.0.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Estragon
Rising Star

LOL Walker23. And thanks. The more places I know of for info the better.
I'd already found this one.   Seems a bit of consolidation could be useful :).
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The link you put in doesn't work and I can't tell what it should be.
If you went to the exchange checker that is maintained by the Usergroup which is the same as their forums http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php which does state it is official but it is the Official UserGroup Forums not the Official Forums - confusing isn't it  Grin
Estragon
Rising Star

I was getting in a mess with picking up the URL in the first place :).  Try it now :).
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Agreed some consolidation may be useful - but having it in two places doesn't hurt  Grin
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
because if I don't one or other of the longer serving members will point it out.

Roll_eyes
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)