Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between ISPs and BT Group

198kHz
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 13

Communication between ISPs and BT Group

I was somewhat taken aback reading
[quote=Reply #1 in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99278.0/topicseen.html]We don't have any direct contact with Openreach, although we can call Wholesale, who will then liaise with them.
when according to Openreach
[quote=http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/ourcustomers/becomeacustomer.do]Our customers are Communications Providers  - the companies end users choose to provide telephone, internet, and more recently television services to their home or business.
Is the reality, then, that all communications between Plusnet and BTOR go via BTW?
Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
9 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Communication between ISPs and BT Group

Telephony I would have thought go to Openreach but broadband Wholesale.
198kHz
Aspiring Champion

That was my initial impression, itsme, but it's BTW who sell broadband and voice services to CPs.
Given that, and the first quote in the OP, it would seem that BTW is in fact PN's only point of contact.
If this is the case, it might go a long way to explaining some of the frustrations expressed by PN and its end users in the forums.
Can the Digital Care Team confirm whether or not PN have direct contact with BTOR?
itsme
Grafter

The plot thickens
Wholesale Line Rental products give Communications Providers the ability to offer their own branded service to end-users using the Openreach telephony products of Wholesale Access, Wholesale Digital Access and Wholesale ISDN30.
The Communication Provider has responsibility for the commercial relationship with the end-user but Openreach will supply and maintain the lines to the end-user premises on behalf of the Communications Provider and will bill the Communications Provider.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPrices.do?data=63iUyYbpRV%2Fdw36mtx...
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I take it thats for LLU type people?
itsme
Grafter

Simply no LLU use their own equipment and Openreach is only responsible for the copper wires so will not be providing any telephony products. I say simply because there is a difference between SMPF and MPF, With MPF all the equipment belong to the LLU company and SMPF the broadband equipment is the LLU company but the telephony services BT.
PN will be buying the telephony services from BT as I supplied in the quote.
Highlighted
James
Grafter

@4C
We talk directly to Wholesale for broadband orders and faults.
We talk directly to Openreach for telephone orders and faults.
The reference that you refer to is when Wholesale need to talk to Openreach for an engineering appointment for a broadband fault.  We cannot talk directly to Openreach for these types of appointments.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
The reference that you refer to is when Wholesale need to talk to Openreach for an engineering appointment for a broadband fault.  We cannot talk directly to Openreach for these types of appointments.

Which is why I always get people to see if they can fail a quiet line test and report things as a noisy line voice fault.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
198kHz
Aspiring Champion

Many thanks for the clarification, JamesehSmiley
bewick
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
@4C
We talk directly to Wholesale for broadband orders and faults.
We talk directly to Openreach for telephone orders and faults.

MMMM. I contacted both BTW and Openreach on behalf of a friend  whose physical address had been changed by Talktalk 18 months ago, BOTH denied responsibility and said that they could do nothing.
BT telephone directory seem to have declined to reply. Funny thing is that they have an option to "change residential details" but that seems to be only available to BT landline and broadband customers. The subsidiary, Plusnet, seems to be excluded.
Plusnet PROMISED my friend that they could restore his correct address. You have NOT. Explain