Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudflare Captcha

FIXED
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Cloudflare Captcha

Hi,

I am suddenly getting loads of Cloudflare Captcha requests when I go to websites

It is also impacting apps on the wifi and causing no end of issues

I am not aware of doing anything that would flag this so how do I go about fixing this?

Also, whatever happened to the raise a ticket service?

Ta

13 REPLIES 13
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Re: Cloudflare Captcha

Just turned the modem off for a minute pr so and when it restarted I'm on the same IP

So that's not helped

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Dynamic IPs are pretty 'sticky' as we allocate them out from a small pool specific to your location, so the odds you'll get the same IP following a reboot of the router are high. Having said that, try switching your router off for 65 mins or more as that may do the trick.

Also I recommend doing a full anti-virus and malware scan on all the devices that connect to the internet on your home network as something would've likely triggered this to happen.

With regards to raising a ticket via the Help Assistant, we removed this in 2015 for the majority of topics in favour of other ways to get in touch. 

Let us know how you get on with this. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
my53rdchoice
Grafter

I can't turn off the modem for 65 minutes, my kids would attack me

All the connected devices have av software on, not aware of any issues and I am not seeing unusal traffic

Will check again tonight
my53rdchoice
Grafter

As a matter of interest,can you see how long I've been on the current IP?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Do your kids sleep? Cheesy If it's easier switching it off overnight would be OK.

Also, you've had your current IP since 04:00 on 06/Feb/2020. Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Changing my IP won't fix the Cloudflare issue as far as PlusNet customer service goes

Doesn't it just pass the issues onto the next person who may not be as IT literate?

I will try and and change the IP tonight

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye changing the IP without getting to the root cause will likely mean that the 'new' IP you get will eventually experience the same issues, and you're right that by changing the IP whoever picks that up will likely inherit the problem.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
my53rdchoice
Grafter

"changing the IP without getting to the root cause will likely mean that the 'new' IP you get will eventually experience the same issues"

You are of course implying that the issue lies in my web useage or my network

I will check the network but given the issue started around the same time as my IP switch it does suggest that I am the poor sucker down the line from someone elses problems and the issue is getting passed on
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's possible but as far as I'm aware there isn't anything we can do about this as Cloudflare is a third party. If you have issues with a different IP let me know and I'll raise a task to our NetOps team to see what options are available to us.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@my53rdchoice just interested in how you've got on with this and if a new IP sorted this out for you?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Hi,

yup, new IP and all the problems went away,

So I guess this is another PlusNet members issue now

ta

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @my53rdchoice 

At least it's sorted for you. I'd recommend keeping an eye on this and if the same issues develop it may be worth doing a full audit of your network. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
my53rdchoice
Grafter

I've set the modem to switch off for an hour between 4am and 5am every day.

Every day I get a new IP