Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock is wrong everytime I boot up!

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Clock is wrong everytime I boot up!

lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Ellis
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Quote from: shutter
Dell Inspiron 2200  about 5 years old..... main battery is dead, but does get "some"  charge when plugged into the mains.. (enough to keep it  going for about 1 minute! ! )....

I'm curious.. you know its duff but you still keep it? (and then wonder why your system is screwy?)  Shocked

I don't know why you think it's curious, I have learnt through experience to remove the battery from the laptop when using it on mains (most of the time), the battery is only put in when needed. The quickest way to destroy a battery is to keep it in the laptop, there are a finite number of charges for any battery. I had to buy new batteries (£70 each) until I found out about this from fellow users.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Hang on... I thought we were talking about a CMOS battery for the clock? - You know.. the little round CR2032 thing? - That was my understanding from this below:
Quote from: shutter
Dell Inspiron 2200  about 5 years old..... main battery is dead, but does get "some"  charge when plugged into the mains.. (enough to keep it  going for about 1 minute! ! )....
Everytime I boot up. the clock shows the wrong time....strangely by five hour slow... the minutes are correct..... could this be the BIOS battery.... or is it "defaulting" to the US time because of low voltage?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Makes no difference..... as I reset the time by right clicking on the clock. and doing the necessary changes.... !
it works fine now....  Cheesy