Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clever Kids and PCs

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Clever Kids and PCs

The other evening I left my Vista PC running and visited the bathroom.
When I returned my 19 month old grandson was kneeling on the chair and on  the monitor was a full on DOS screen with System Restore waiting for permission to run.
All turned out OK but how do these kids acquire such knowledge at such an early age Huh
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
4 REPLIES 4
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Clever Kids and PCs

I don’t know the answer but my grandson of a similar age managed to change the password and lock his mum out of her Live Messenger account. Took her ages and quite a few emails to M$ customer support to get back in again.
Regards, P.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Maybe I should put his name forward in the current Forum Mod elections Tongue
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Thats why I have fast user switching enabled. As soon as I intend to walk away from the PC I hit the switch user option so I get the login screen back. Without the password, no-one can upset my pc!
Very clever kids tho..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Humpp!! you don't have to be 19 months old to lose/forget/delete passwords...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.