cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast problem

Berylll

Chromecast problem

Hi, just acquired a chromecast . Setup is simple but it just won't connect to the wireless network.
Any ideas? Anyone else had problems? Nothing in search results.
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Chromecast problem

Assuming you have not made any mistakes in entering the SSID / Password
Try a shorter SSID & Password
daaahhnuh
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

What channel is your wireless on?  US Chormecast's will not work on anything above Channel 11.
deejayburnout
Grafter

When I setup mine, I needed an android device to do it with.
From memory, you set it up from the chromecast app.
Dobby

I bought one the other week and it synced onto the wireless pretty easily. I personally used the Andriod app on a Nexus 7 (2012). The app overrides the wifi on the Nexus and then you input the details for the main wireless network from there.
The service has been decent from there although there have been a couple of teething problems (weirdly with Netflix which is generally solid).
I've added Plex in (on sale on Amazon App store at the time) and iPlayer seems to work well once up and running.
Only drawback is the absence of add in support for casting tabs from the browser but this is something I'm sure will develop either through apps (sky go and 4oD) or by altering the behaviour of the Chromecast with updates.
For me, I'd make sure you're on one of the unlimited plans as my usage soon stacks up Smiley
Grafter

I am having problems loading chrome cast could someone kindly give a idiots guide as its talking manually changing settings on routers thx