Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome...

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Chrome...

Does anybody else have trouble opening Chrome?

I only use if for the specific purpose of building/editing my club website since it was opitimised by its server for Chrome and certain options are not available in Firefox.

But 5 or 6 times out of 10 it fails to open correctly and has to be closed using Task Manager. It is a fairly new installation with a number of security and anti this and that extensions, but has been giving this problem since it was installed a couple of weeks ago as a clean no extensions application. I've tried a re-install but it doesn't change.

I'm using Win 10 with the Creators update for this.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES 5
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Chrome...

You should be on Version 58.0.3029.81 now. Last update was last week.

Are the web sites giving problems using Flash Player? Google abandoned plugins about a month ago so you now have to set it up specifically to "tolerate" Flash Player.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Have a look at this thread "Chrome crashing after Windows 10 Creator's Update" at Google support https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/9BVg6Wa6DEU/fRJ8uXhnAwAJ

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
petlew
Pro

Thank you nozzer, I am on the latest version of Chrome. As far as I am aware Flash is not used by my website or by the server.

Unaccountably, in the remaining 4 or 5 attempts to open Chrome it works normally, which would probably indicate Flash is not to blame.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
petlew
Pro

And thanks to you as well Spend Less Time. There's quite a lot of info in there, I'll get back.

But, certainly seems I'm not alone.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Topic moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine