Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome(ium) help

FIXED
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Chrome(ium) help

So trying once again to switch from Firefox to Chrome (actually Chromium but basically same)

BUT I have a big problem. I have restore from last session selected and that works fine, BUT it does not refresh the pages, it uses the cached ones.

Does anybody know how to force it to refresh when restoring?

I have searched Google for an answer but most results are to do with single page refreshing.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chrome(ium) help

Surely that makes sense @HairyMcbiker. If you’re restoring from a known position you don’t want it changing behind your back, otherwise what was the point in saving it if you end up with new content!

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

yes it's restoring the sesion from the last known point.
this is what it's designed to do.

HairyMcbiker
All Star

Well it's restoring SOME pages refreshed (like this one) and others not.
FF refreshed all the pages and that is what I want not a stale page.
There isn't even an easy way to refresh all pages in Chrome.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

well you can easily refresh a page just by clicking on the refresh button, but you'd need to do that for each tab/page..

have you tried Chrome? as opposed to Chromium?
as, although they were once essentially the same, Chome has forked out away from the original Chromium base.

TheRoadCrew
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Fix

Best I can do is suggest you try one of the extensions in the Chrome store for refreshing all tabs; the only one I've tried is this one - you can refresh all tabs with a single click or key-combo (works for me on Iridium so should work on Chromium)

HairyMcbiker
All Star

I had actually installed that Awesome reload all tabs, will install that one and see how works for now. Thanks

EDIT: Ok that works on a key press, but doesn't reload all windows just the current. Back to Awesome.

TheRoadCrew
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

@HairyMcbiker wrote:

EDIT: Ok that works on a key press, but doesn't reload all windows just the current.

Reloading all windows isn't the default, but the option is there if you want it.ReloadAllWindows.png

HairyMcbiker
All Star

I did change the options but it only refreshed the main window (active one), strange.

Just re-installed it and tried again. Same result. Only active window refreshed. Tried key-press and click on icon.

OK very strange, it is working now Shocked (I re-opened the options which had reset, set them and it worked 2nd time)

Another annoyance with Chrome is the refresh page is on the LHS, found an extension to create another button the RHS. Why we cannot move them is silly.