Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome home page

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Chrome home page

I have Chrome on this PC but use it very little only when building/editing my club website.

One thing that annoys me is the collection of bookmarks on the home page, shown as thumbnails. I would much rather they were in list form, but I can't find any way of changing the view.

Anyone know how?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES 4
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Chrome home page

I did try with no luck Sad  , Chrome is faster than Firefox but i dont like they way bookmarks work , much prefer firefox all list down left side Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

does this help https://digiwonk.gadgethacks.com/how-to/get-back-old-better-bookmarks-manager-chrome-0161551/

How to Switch Back to the Old Bookmarks Manager
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Er! I think so Oldjim, I'll plough through that when I've got a bit more time to spare.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I think @Oldjim may be mistaken and there is actually nothing you can do.  If your home page is set to be the new tab page you see a collection of links to the 8 websites that Chrome thinks you visit most frequently.  You can delete these individually and they are lost if you clean-out your Chrome history but I don't think there is any means to modify the format.  Your actual bookmarks should still appear in the form of a list, however.